Sunday, March 30, 2014

22 weeks along - Life is good!


I feel very fortunate that pregnancy has been fairly good to me so far. Now that I am in the second trimester, I feel energized. I am crossing my fingers that the second half of this pregnancy will be as nice as the first half. I certainly don't take for granted that everything could change dramatically as I get closer to the due date. I have heard all sorts of stories about ailments that mothers manage while giving birth. I pray that this isn't the case for me. I've also seen the reality of babies born with health issues. And, I pray that she arrives perfectly healthy.

Meanwhile, we are starting to really celebrate the baby's arrival. Clothes and books and blankets have been pouring in and each gift touches my heart and makes the reality of her arrival somehow seem a little closer. She is starting to gain a little stockpile of items which means that I have got to get busy on preparing her room. It's a total nightmare mess in there right now. I'm hoping that I can make some headway on this project soon. It is hard to believe that another little person is going to be living in this house with us soon!

I am starting to feel her move around. For now, it just feels like little butterflies but as she gains weight and strength, I am sure that it will feel a little more intense. It is hard to believe that she will be right around a pound this coming week. A POUND! Already? I can't hardly believe it. 


We've also been doing our fair share of traveling. This year, I have visited Knoxville, Tucson,  Sonoma and Albuquerque. Joshua has been to Memphis. Last weekend we took a weekend long trip down to his parents place in Cochise County. Halo needs to travel sometimes too!

Joshua has a million and one projects going in the yard. He's torn out fences, a shed, a tree, rose bushes and still has some more things that he'd like to work on before it gets too hot out there. We are finally getting to the point where we can landscape the yard to fit our taste. That is very exciting.

I continue to plug away in school. I will hopefully graduate in a little over a year, May 2015. I can't wait to have it be OVER! It is hard to keep up with it all. I have a hard time imagining how I will do it next year with Eve too. But, I am so close, and I just have to get it finished.

All in all, life in the Oehler household is great. We are all healthy, happy and excited for what the future holds. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sara - Just hopped over to your blog and A) YEAH for more Sara(h) bloggers.. I swear there are 10 million of us and B) I see that you're just a couple weeks behind me!! Hope you're feeling great and wanted to let you know that I'll be doing a giveaway to a super fabulous online maternity store here in a couple of months. Don't miss out!! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails