4-6 green bell peppers
1/4 red bell pepper (chopped)
2 portobella mushrooms (chopped)
1/2 onion (chopped)
2 cloves of garlic minced
1/2lb ground turkey
Salt and pepper
1 bottle of Dave's Gourmet Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
1 bag of Uncle Ben's Ready Made Rice
Grated mozzarella cheese
I buy this butternut squash pasta sauce at my local Safeway. It is incredibly tasty. You could substitute for a tomato sauce of your choice.
1. Wash green peppers and cut out the top with a knife and clean out the seeds. Drop into a large pot of water and bring to a boil. You will boil them until they are slightly soft. Bring the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a sauce pan, using a little olive oil, cook red bell pepper, portobella mushrooms, onion andgarlic. When the veggies are almost done, add the ground turkey and cook thoroughly.
3. Cook the rice either in the microwave or on the stove top.
4. Add the sauce and rice to the turkey mixture in the saucepan and simmer. Salt and pepper to taste.
5. Drain the green peppers and place in an oven friendly dish. Stuff the peppers. Cover the stuffed peppers with shredded mozzarella cheese.
6. Bake until the stuffing is bubbling and the cheese is melted. This usually takes about 20-30 minutes. You want the green peppers to finish softening to the point that you could cut through them with a butter knife.