Sunday, March 3, 2013

Food, Art and Fun

We are living it up before school really kicks in for me and I am stuck doing nothing but working and studying. I started two classes in January and I start two more classes next week. There is an overlap of about 6 weeks for all 4 classes, which is going to be really tough!

 

We had a birthday to celebrate this week. My mother-in-law is a leap year baby. We had a lovely family lunch and then the most amazing gelato from a little shop called Frost in San Tan Village. Yum!


Joshua had his first Phoenix First Friday. My longtime friend, Kristen Fagan, had her first painting hung at Oasis on Grand. So we headed downtown to support her and then wandered around in the galleries that are often missed and forgotten on Grand Avenue. I have to say, "Mutant Pinatas" won our hearts. Sometimes a little creative chaos is good.


Yesterday afternoon, we took Halo to a pet adopt-a-thon at Franciscan Renewal Center. Joshua was curious to see if Halo was interested in other dogs and if so, which dogs. After an hour of wandering, I think that we realized that Halo likes other dogs, but he likes having all of our attention more. He kept trying to get between us and the other dogs when we were petting them, almost saying, "Hey, pet me, not them!" As much as I'd like to add another dog to our family, I think that we are just going to be a one-dog family long term.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails