Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas 2012

 Neighborhood Christmas Village - Near 44th St. and Camelback Rd.

Christmas Eve was fun. I made dinner for family and then we walked over to a huge light display in our neighborhood. This is no normal display. The entire yard is turned into a Christmas village, complete with its own window displays, hot cocoa stand and holiday store for purchasing holiday treats.
One of 4 window displays




Christmas was not quite what I had imagined. I was up all night long on Christmas Eve night, sick. It was awful. I can't remember ever being quite that sick. The doctor suspects that it was more likely a stomach bug and less likely a case of food poisoning, but whatever it was, it left me with very little appetite even as I type this 5 days later. The smell and sight of certain foods just makes my stomach do a flip flop. So, Christmas for me was spent curled up on the couch under a blanket, dozing in and out of consciousness. We did not have a Christmas meal, and in fact I sent all of the parts of pieces for our Christmas meal out the door and home with my Mom for my Aunt to cook yesterday. The idea of even being near a turkey just makes me cringe. Thankfully, my mom and husband are easy going. Although it was not ideal, we all made the best of a bad situation and enjoyed spending a day just relaxing. Finally, no post is complete without a mention of our four legged companion. Halo had a very nice first Christmas in the Oehler house. He loved his new toys and chowed down on a big bone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails