Thursday, November 29, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012


Another Thanksgiving has come and gone. It was extra special for Mr. Halo since it was his first big winter holiday in our home. He was very interested in the goings-on in the kitchen and gladly tried some turkey as well as an accidentally dropped ginger cookie. He snapped it right up. We spent time with family and friends who are near and dear to our hearts. We stretched the holiday out into two full days of food and fun! We spent Thanksgiving day at the Ranch and then made our own meal at our house for the day after. Here are a few photos...




 Sunset

Cookie Monster

I must admit, there were a few unplanned scenarios that presented themselves in cooking my own meal. For example, I forgot to remove the plastic topper from the bottom of the disposable aluminum pan. Oopsie. Who knew that melted plastic smelled that bad? Not me, but I do now!


Thankfully, the turkey was safely tucked inside of a bag and was still delicious. It was by far the tastiest bird that I've made to date. I highly suggest brining. It does make a difference.


We worked off our turkey with some rowdy yard games and then went back for pie and cookies. Yay Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails