Thursday, May 10, 2012

Summer Vacation

Science Center

“Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand.” - Chinese Proverb

I'm happy to report that my spring semester is done and I am taking a summer vacation from school. I need a break.

The spring semester was really neat because I got to spend 30 hours in two classrooms at my local elementary school - Tavan Elementary. It was so fun! I think that I am going to really enjoy teaching someday. My favorite experience was helping with the first grade field trip to the Science Center. Look at that happy smile in the gigantic telescope pictured above. If I ever had a doubt, I know now that I am on the right track for my future. I will love teaching.

I also took my first semester of Spanish. Oh my, that was tricky. I took four years of French in high school. Fortunately, Spanish is very similar, so I have a basic understanding of the language. Unfortunately, my Spanish sounds a lot like French.

Work has been keeping me quite busy too. In fact, there are a few upcoming events that I should share with everyone. I will be hosting my final book signing at Bead World in Phoenix on this coming Saturday. Friends and family are welcome to stop by to make a pair of free earrings and check out my book. Also, I will be appearing on Jewel School on Jtv with my co-author and co-worker Jamie Hogsett in 2 weeks. I'd love to have you tune in and check it out. Here are the details:

May 12 - 12pm-3pm
Bead World
Free Make-it-Take-its and Book Signing
6068 N 16th Street
Phoenix, AZ 85016
www.beadworldinc.com

May 23-24 - 10am-12pm (EST)
Jewel School on Jewelry Television (JTV)
 Check your guide for you local channel and time!
www.jtv.com

Needless to say, life is just busy, busy, busy, but I do look forward to a little bit of down time for both Joshua and I this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails