Saturday, March 10, 2012

Spring has sprung - Hong Kong Orchid Tree

East sideyard - Camelback Mountain

Joshua has been hard at work in the yard. I wish that I could say that I've been by his side, but I haven't. I'm knee deep in schoolwork and book signings. I have barely had time to even enjoy our yard this Spring. Today, after my latest book signing in Glendale, I came home, threw on some jeans, started up the barbecue and spent some time soaking in our backyard. It is Spring break next week and my teachers were fairly soft on the homework this week. I have FREE time. YES!

The really amazing thing about the picture above is that the tree is full of purple orchid flowers. Since we didn't have a big freeze this year (like we did last year), the tree has more orchids than I could have ever imagined. It is beautiful.

 



My two guys were hard and work while I relaxed. Joshua dug out some of our vine plants that were not placed in a good areas last weekend. He was getting help from Halo to dig out the roots. 


Halo was in doggy heaven. Digging. Running. Leaping. Playing. Oh my. He loves to be out in the yard with Joshua.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails