Thursday, March 8, 2012

A Halo Milestone


In our best estimate, Halo is turning one year this month. As of yesterday, he has lived with us for just one month. He's been checked out by our vet and passed with flying colors. And, as you can see from the photo above, he has made himself right at home. Although I do think that he likes it here and would love to stay, I think that he still sometimes feels like it is temporary. Temporary is all that he has ever known. For now, he is settled in, learning his basic commands and trying hard to not get into too much trouble. He does have crazy puppy energy and sometimes Joshua and I just look at each other and shake our heads. But, most days he seems quite content with our regular routine and I have found that he has gotten very good at giving me quiet time while I work during the day if I walk and play with him before and after.

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet face and an adorable and lucky dog. You must be a kind person to give Halo a home. I love reading stories like this and I can't wait to get your book!! It's just what I have been looking for. Thank you!! Jennifer M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jennifer. He won the doggy lottery with this house. I love to rescue. There are so many animals that need homes.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails