Monday, December 26, 2011

An Oehler Christmas


Well friends and family, I am officially an Oehler. I filed my paperwork upon our return from the honeymoon and have been working on changing my name in all of the nooks and crannies of the universe. I claimed my  new name just in time for Christmas and was thrilled to see our cards addressed to Joshua and Sara Oehler. Being married is so much better than being engaged. I loved planning our wedding, but it was exhausting. It has been so nice to take our "to do" list down a notch. One good thing about planning the wedding was that it made Christmas seem very easy this year.




Erin and I took advantage of the holiday being over the weekend to create our own additional holiday this year, Christmas Eve-Eve. We spent the entire day baking and cooking together. I unwrapped all of my new and lovely crystal from the wedding. 



On Christmas Eve we had some of my family over for the evening. We ate a ton, laughed, joked and played games. My cousin David's kids are adorable.


No Christmas is completely without Pepparkakors. I baked quite a few dozen of these again this year, along with some of my other favorite treats. The highlight was making fudge. I always love to learn something new each year and had never tried fudge. I had no idea that fudge contained marshmallows. 


On Christmas day, the three of us (Honey, Joshua and I) spent the whole day at home. Honey wore her jingle bells, Joshua and I each in our pajamas and we thoroughly relaxed and enjoyed each other's company. It has been one terribly long and terribly hectic year for us. I don't remember the last time that we spent a whole entire day and did just absolutely nothing. It felt SO GOOD! 

I hope that you and yours had a happy and restful holiday too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails