Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Washington Park Arboretum

Clearly the best part of my day, I stopped by the Washington Park Arboretum. My original appointment rescheduled for Friday. So, I visited a bead store in north Seattle on a whim and finished with them right around the time that end-of-the-day commute traffic starts. So instead of sitting in traffic, I decided to go for a walk and get some fresh air. It was a beautiful day. I barely scratched the surface of this park. It's huge!


An owl? He or she was quite beautiful!

Love these colors!



Unintentionally, I found myself in downtown Seattle on the way home. It was not the plan, but was a pleasant surprise. Driving in downtown is complicated, even in a little VW bug. Although, I have to say, Washington drivers are pretty great. I've been quite impressed. I somehow maneuvered my way both in and out of downtown Seattle. I even parked and got a quick bite to eat. I love that it doesn't get dark until 8:30. It feels as if there is so much more time in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails