Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Dad's birthday

Today would be my Dad's birthday. I recently scanned the majority of his pictures so that I could share them easily with family. He always loved a good celebration. I can't help to think that he'd want me to always celebrate his life and not be sad about his death, as hard as that may be sometimes. Here are some of my favorite pictures.....

Baby.

Left.


Left.



That's me with my mom and dad.





I tied up the last real loose end yesterday; I closed his bank account. It was tough. I think there was a sense of finality. I realized that it was the last thing that I had to physically go do to tidy up his estate. When you come to the end of the list of things that you have do, what are you supposed to do next? Grieve? Possibly. I'm still working on that. But not today. Today, I am going to do my best to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails