Monday, August 15, 2011

Being Alone


I traveled alone last week for work. Jamie was supposed to be with me but had to bow out at the last minute for an emergency. I used to travel alone quite a bit. It was painfully obvious that I'm not used to be alone any more and although I was in one of the most beautiful cities (Seattle), everything seemed a little dull. I started thinking about how my life has changed since I started to share it with Joshua. One thing I know for sure, I always enjoy things better if he is by my side. I'm so glad that I get to spend the rest of my life with him. Being alone is okay, being with someone is better, but being with Joshua is the best!

2 comments:

  1. That is the sweetest sentiment! I traveled alone for the first time this year when I went to DC for ArtBliss in March. I loved it but missed my family terribly. Sometimes it takes that time alone to appreciate it!
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Erin. It is so true. Sometimes you don't realize how much you love something or someone until they aren't there. Trips away are always such a good reminder to not take things, people or pets for granted.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails