Saturday, July 30, 2011

Happy birthday, handsome!


Today was Josh's birthday. I would describe his birthday as an all American man birthday. What do I mean by that? Well, in this house that calls for spam and eggs + cinnamon rolls for breakfast, baseball, Loew's, steak and potatoes for dinner, white cake with rainbow chip frosting and Curb Your Enthusiasm. 


We have a few friends who have birthdays at the tail end of July, so Joshua was gracious enough to share his birthday dinner with both Marietta and Jaime. Jaime's husband and I were out numbered! 



Dinner was spot on, if I do say so myself. And, I do! Everything turned out just as I had hoped. Corn on the cob, mashed potatoes, barbecued steak and even a ceasar salad to pretend as if we were attempting to be a little healthy (yah right). Marietta added to the feast with a lovely loaf of bread. Probably the only thing that I had not already accounted for.

I don't want to gush, but I have to say, I love Joshua. I'm not just saying this because he is my future husband. He is really just such a great guy. He is thoughtful, kind, handsome, reliable, loyal, smart, funny, charming, handy...did I say handsome? Oh yes, I did. It is worth mentioning twice. He IS hot stuff! He really is exactly the man that I always dreamed I would meet and marry. I'm so fortunate to get to celebrate his birthday with him each and every year until death do us part. 

Happy birthday, handsome!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great birthday dinner, Happy Birthday Josh!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails