Saturday, June 4, 2011

Odd jobs


I came home from studying today to find Joshua pulling up the carpet in our front outdoor entrance. I have disliked that silly carpet since the day we moved in and I was so happy to see it go. The people who lived here before us loved outdoor carpet. It was all over the place. I think that with Joshua's efforts, we might finally be done with the carpet nonsense. Yay!

After.

I worked really hard this afternoon and I finally finished painting our kitchen walls. Yay! Now, we only have the floor left to do. The bright white makes such a difference. It feels so clean!

 Before.

Most of the walls still had glue stains from when we removed the linoleum. It is so exciting to see clean, fresh paint. I'm not sure that you can tell from the pictures how much nicer it looks, but I can certainly tell.

After.

After.

After.

So we seem to be making some progress again. It might only be one wall at a time, but I'll take whatever I can get. 

Next on my list, pink bathroom. It has been looming large on the list for a long time. I think it is time to make it into a spa like retreat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails