Monday, May 16, 2011

Wedding Dress Bliss

Went to "Bridesmaids" with my bridesmaids.

I can't begin to describe how much I needed a break from life. Between my Dad dying, finals at school, book projects and day-to-day drudgery, my stress level reached an all time peak last week. My bridesmaids and I had planned a little get away to Los Angeles months ago. I had picked out a wedding dress designer and I wanted to try on dresses and order my dress in person from them. I was a little hesitant that the timing of this trip would be okay the day before I left. Now, in hindsight, I think that there couldn't have been better timing. I really needed a chance to step out of my life for a few days, take a deep breath and have fun. We did just that! We had a ton of fun! We picked and purchased my wedding dress. I think that I am going to be very happy with my final choice. Hopefully Joshua loves it too!

We stayed in Santa Monica, between the beach and the 3rd Street Promenade. It was a perfect location for walking everywhere. The beach was wonderful. It didn't feel crowded, the sun seemed to shine just at the right time each afternoon as we stepped on the sand. I spent a lot of time wandering up and down the beach, letting my mind wander and looking for hidden treasure.






Ladybug on the beach.

The second day, I was shocked to see ladybugs on the beach. If you remember, thousands of ladybugs showed up for Josh's proposal on top of Mt. Graham. Of course, I googled it! Here is what I found, "Newport Beach Lifeguard Capt. Jim Turner said the ladybugs give birth during this time, and some are blown to the coast when the Santa Ana winds whip. Thought the winds haven’t been too strong, they’ve had enough force to push the bugs to the sand in the past few days." What is really strange is that I didn't notice a single ladybug on Friday, but on Saturday just after we picked out my wedding dress, there was a trail of them along the ocean edge. 



Great minds think alike! All three of us dressed in orange on Saturday for our wedding dress appointment (not on purpose). Above, Erin and I are discussing some of our options with our sales rep. The dress shop was adorable. I won't be able to share too many photos now because I am a little old fashioned in that I don't want Josh to see the dress until the day of the wedding. 



We ate at a lot of really great places but seemed to all agree that The Yard was our favorite. They offered the BEST macaroni and cheese that I've ever had. Yum!


I could probably do one whole post just about desserts. We had fabulous desserts and treats on this trip. In the picture above we were about to have crepes. Here are pictures of my favorite treats. 

Early birthday cake.

Mini Cupcake.

Dark chocolate and caramel with sea salt. 

I love Marietta and her new sign.

We did a little shopping on the promenade and went to the movie "Bridesmaids". How appropriate, right? It was hysterical. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time and boy did that feel good. It was especially entertaining since I was there with my very own bridesmaids. 


Last but not least, we went to The Getty. I've wanted to go to the The Getty for years. It has never seemed to work out. I was happy and excited to finally get there. The architecture of the building and views are awe striking. It was especially neat since I just finished an Art History course. I was able to look at some of the art with a new and deeper understanding. 


That is the ocean on the horizon! It was so gorgeous!


Downtown LA.



It was such a wonderful weekend. I can't thank Erin and Marietta enough for being there with me on such an important day. I am so lucky to have such great girlfriends. It felt so good to let go a little and just relax. 

3 comments:

  1. Sara, it sounds like you had a magnificent trip... I can't wait to see your dress... you can send me photos. I won't tell Josh anything, I promise!!! :)

    Hope your day is awesome!
    {Hugs!}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that sounds like an absolutely fabulous trip! I love the ladybug connection, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've wandered far away places just to find your wedding dress. I can't wait to see you wearing it. Nevertheless, I know you enjoy your trip. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails