Tuesday, April 26, 2011

My dad on hospice care


This is hard to write, but there is no getting around the truth. I might as well say it here so that I hopefully won't have to repeat the story over and over and over again. I received the call last week that I've been dreading. My dad is dying. He's been sick for a very long time. Josh and I jumped on the first flight to Oklahoma on Thursday afternoon to see him. I have to say that I don't really know how I would have handled it without Josh. He booked our flights, our car, and our hotel. He watered the plants, organized himself and me and got us to the airport. He was so calm and so patient with me. I was (am) a mess. My dad was non-responsive the entire time that I was there. My aunts are taking turns caring for him with the assistance of hospice. There are not really words for how terrible it is to see your father at the end of his life. I won't drone on and on about it. It was terrible. Josh and I flew home on Sunday night. We figured that we had better handle a few things before we go back for the funeral. I'm overwhelmed....school, work, book, wedding, house, yard, dog....funeral. If you pray, please say a little prayer for my dad and for my family.

4 comments:

  1. Sending love sweetie. I'm so, so very sorry for your loss Sara! My heart goes out to you!

    Hugs & ♥!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for what you are going through. My heart and thoughts are with you. I'm glad you have Josh by your side during this difficult time. Much love and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies. It has been a rough week, but I am very grateful for the love and support that I've received from Joshua, family and friends. It helps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, sweetie. I'm so sorry. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails