Sunday, March 27, 2011

Starting to shape up

Daffodil


Joshua and I did some big jobs this weekend. He rented a tiller and a chain saw. He turned up the ground in our back planter. We are still deciding what we'd like to do in the planters, but it was nice to at least get it ready for a fresh start.


As big and beautiful as the rubber plant once was, it had a terrible bout of frost bite. We could have cut it back and let it continue to grow, but after much thought and many discussions, we decided to remove it entirely. It doesn't fit with the rest of the yard.



We also removed a few bushes and our dead tree in the front. Our yard feels so much more open. A few basic changes here and there made a world of difference. Things are really starting to shape up outside. We've trimmed, fertilized, watered, and tended to most of the yard. We just need to clean up our trimmings and then we can shift our focus back to our indoor projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails