Sunday, February 13, 2011

Best Wedding Literature


I have been somewhat disappointed in most bridal magazines, shows and what not because they only offer traditional, cookie cutter ideas and options. I was very pleased to find that Handmade Weddings (hardback book) offered such nice diy ideas for our upcoming wedding. I adored the differing themes that were offered, such as "girly romantic", "modern classic", etc. The projects were fresh and in some cases very applicable to our wedding.




Shortly after getting engaged I was gifted 2 books by Khris Cochran, The DIY Bride and The DIY Bride Crafty Countdown. Each book contains “40 fun projects for your ultimate one-of-a-kind wedding.” From save-the-dates, invitations and thank you notes to jewelry, accessories and wedding favors, there are so many neat details that you can create yourself to make a wedding really special. I am a firm believer that events, celebrations and holidays are not just about the actual day. All the days that lead up to the event are meaningful and important too. The planning and creating part is my favorite! These books were plum full of fabulous ideas.


I've found that there are 3 magazines that seemed to offer the most helpful wedding advice and inspire me to think creatively about our big day. The first and best magazine that I've come across so far is Real Simple Weddings.  Both Josh and I enjoy Real Simple and I was thrilled to see that with my purchase of their wedding title, we also received a year subscription to Real Simple. Great deal and it came along at just the perfect time because our current subscription was ending. When I got the magazine home, I quickly realized that it was the most helpful magazine that I had purchased thus far. The next two are tied for second and third best, Martha Stewart Weddings and The Knot.  Both have offered wonderful and unique content. 


Do you have any suggestions for wedding reads that I should not miss? 

2 comments:

  1. My favorites for inspiration were martha stewart and the knot. i would have loved real simple too i bet since i love the regular magazine. a wedding blog i follow that nice pictures of really beautiful weddings is http://www.stylemepretty.com - have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many really nice wedding blogs that I have been following. I didn't even think to mention those. That could be a whole blog post all in itself. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails