Sunday, January 16, 2011

Gnocci and Brussel Sprouts


One of my new year's resolutions is to cook more homemade meals for Joshua and I and to eat fresh. This worked out quite well while my cousin Loretta was here because her favorite topic these days is organic farming and her second favorite topic is good food. Loretta is turning 20 in about a month and attends Copper Union in NYC. She was home a few weeks over holiday break. It was a fun visit for me because it was really the first that I've seen her since she's officially become an adult, a fledgling adult, but an adult all the same. She taught me how to cook brussel sprouts and gnocci. She also planted a bunch of herb seeds that are just starting to sprout. So I look forward to the fruits of her labor. I exercised my new year's resolution this week by going to Sprouts about every other day to pick up fresh meats, veggies, and more for homemade dinners. I am happy to report that Joshua liked the gnocci but he was not willing to try the brussel sprouts. Oh well, more for me!

2 comments:

  1. OMG, I love brussel sprouts. I didn't know I liked them until I was an adult, but when they're roasted, they are just SO yummy! Good job cooking more, btw. Yay, you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom never cooked when I was little. I'm entirely self taught. Something as simple as a brussel sprout seems exotic. I've come across them a few times and was pleased to learn how to cook them myself. Yum! They are so good. Thanks for stopping by Noel.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails