Friday, December 10, 2010

Security


There was an indoor security system in place when we purchased our home. We haven't had time to investigate how it operates. As of recently, this alarm has started to go off 4-5 times a day, at least twice in the middle of the night when we are sleeping. Yay! I cannot figure out any rhyme or reason as to what is setting it off. I suppose we'll have to contact the company to see what we need to do to stop this nonsense.

Earlier this week, Fedex showed up with a package. As you all know, Honey is about as docile as a dog can get. However, she does a very good job of pretending to be a rabid beast if anyone in a uniform dares to walk up to our house. So, as I answer the door, I typically shut the front door behind me so that I can sign the paperwork at hand and grab our new package. I turned back around and realized that the door had locked behind me. Our security is so good, that I was trapped outside for 2 full hours waiting for Joshua to come home. I walked over to the neighbor's house barefoot and begged to use their internet and phone. Unfortunately, Josh was knee deep in a meeting and not accessible. UGH. So I left a message and returned home to patiently wait for him on the back patio. I turned on some Christmas music and tried to relax. Not 5 minutes later, the security alarm in the house started going off. Poor Honey! She was trapped inside. I was trapped outside and she could not understand why I wouldn't let her out or at the very least come in and turn off the awful noise. Needless to say, it was a terrible mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails