Sunday, October 24, 2010

Wedding plans commence


I never really thought about what my wedding day would be like until I met Josh. I think that in some ways, I wondered whether or not I'd ever find that special someone and never really wanted to imagine something that may or may not happen. Having said that, Josh and I have been together and knew that we would marry for quite some time. So I've had plenty of time to think about how I can craft our special day.

We decided on a date that seems quite far away, 11-5-11. There are a few factors that weighed heavily in making this decision. We want to have our wedding in our own backyard, during the day. So it is important to choose a time of year when the Phoenix weather would be not too warm or too cool. We just moved into our new home, so we need time to get settled. We are on a limited budget and I am a big fan of diy. So I wanted to have enough time to not only enjoy the big day but also all of the fun project days that lead up to it.

Today, my best friend and maid-of-honor helped me pick my wedding planner. We went to Borders and in true Erin and Sara fashion, we thumbed through each and every option, chose our top 4 and then weighed the pros and cons of each. Does it sound at all like we over complicate simple decisions? Yes, we do! Picking a place to have breakfast can sometimes be a complex task. At any rate, I ended up choosing "Emily Post's Wedding Planner" (fourth edition) by Peggy Post. Who knew that there would be so many options? I certainly didn't. I finally decided on this specific planner because I liked how it is organized. And, it surely doesn't hurt that Emily Post's name is synonymous with "good etiquette".

"The attributes of a great lady may still be found in the rule of four S's: Sincerity, Simplicity, Sympathy and Serenity." - Emily Post

She sounds like a very wise woman and I am glad that she'll be guiding me through the details of wedding planning.



A link to our wedding website can be found at the very top, left side of our blog if you should happen to want to return again for updates. Please note that there is a "guest book" to sign and you are more than welcome to leave us messages there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails