Sunday, September 19, 2010

The first sign that we actually will live in the new home. I moved our coat closet over this week. Now that the painting in the main rooms are done as well as the carpet cleaning, I have started slowly moving over breakable, awkward or large items. Yay!




We picked drapes this week. I was surprised that there weren't better options. After looking at a few different stores, we found that Lowe's had the best selection. We chose a cream color for the living room and a nice blue for the bedrooms. As you can see, Honey likes the drapes best as a bed, but I'm sure she'll learn to appreciate them after they are covering the windows too.


Removing the glue from the floor is the dirtiest job that I've ever had to do. It was/is gross. The goof off makes the glue turn into a black, soup-like liquid. It is nasty and really hard to clean up!!! At one point, Josh said something along the lines of, "Isn't this fun?!" I'm sure that the look on my face was priceless. My idea of fun and his idea of fun are surely two different things. Although I love to spend time with him and I do look forward to having the project done, I am not enjoying the process. My personality does not do well with a gooey, icky messes. I've also realized that I really like projects that can be done at once. I'm not good with multiple day projects. They drive me a little batty. It is as if I cannot leave something undone and not constantly think about it. When did I lose my flexibility? Oh well, at some point I think it is best to just accept yourself as you are, flaws and all. 

So we are very much looking forward to moving next week. This week will be a little odd. Josh is heading to Baltimore, so I'm on my own for most of the packing. Honey and I are going to miss him so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails