Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Projects, projects and more projects


We've been working hard on the house. Josh and I spent about 2 full hours in Home Depot last night. I'm pretty certain that we walked up and down every single aisle. We have lots and lots of projects and need lots and lots of supplies.


My current project is removing the old contact paper from the shelves and drawers so that I can paint. I have to say, my new heat gun has worked pretty well so far. I can't wait to see how these turn out.

Josh's project is to tear down the faux wood panels in the third bedroom and patch the walls to prepare the room to be painted. Last night he was testing to see if the "Ready Patch" would work.



I love tools. One of my favorite parts of beading is the tools. I should have known that I'd love collecting tools for diy home projects too.


No story is quite complete without a cameo from Honey. Today after work, she and I did our first yard work. And boy was it work. We picked up fallen grapefruit from about 5 or 6 trees. Those things are heavy when they get piled into a bag. It was a pleasure to meet a few neighbors. It really is such a nice neighborhood. Everyone has been so friendly.


3 comments:

  1. grapefruit, yay! does this mean I'll be getting some fresh fruit the next time i see you? Honey looks like she is loving the new yard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the mask photo girl! that's great!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails