Sunday, April 25, 2010

Could this be our first home?


Could this be our first home?  What do you think?  I'm not sure, but Josh and I are definitely thinking about buying our first home. So we enlisted the help of my long time friend Nancy Pilgrim, real estate agent by day and maker of beautiful glass beads by night, to help us make this important decision.  Today was our first day of in-person house hunting.  We found a few duds.  We found a few perhaps-maybes.  And we found the above pictured gem.  As with all things in life, even the gem comes with a few inclusions.  Here is what I love.  The yard!  I love the yard.  It is huge in the front and the back.  The upkeep!  This house is charming because it still has a lot of its original parts and pieces but they have all be well maintained.  It has the perfect space for an office and perhaps even an outdoor craft room!  It is also a fantastic price and in what I consider a good and accessible area of town.  Here are the potential downsides.  One car driveway and no parking on the street.  The driveway is nice and long but this will potentially mean a lot of switching of cars and back and forth.  Although this house might just be telling me that Josh and I really only need one main car.  This would be entirely impossible in a roommate situation but seems like it could be feasible seeing that we mostly just use my car anyway.  Although it clearly states that there are washer and dryer hook ups, I did not see them.  I also do not recall seeing a dishwasher.  Can I handle dish-pan hands for the next 5-7 years?  The bathrooms need updating, but this might be a pro as well since Josh and I like projects and they are livable as is so we wouldn't have to rush into it.  All in all, this was the best house that we saw today.  It hit the majority of our criteria.  It felt very home-y.  I think that we have a ways to go before we feel confident enough to settle on just one house.  Wish us luck as we take this adventure into the wonderful world of home buying.

1 comment:

  1. super cute! good luck and have fun. home buying is a very exciting time!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails