Saturday, July 4, 2009

Magic Bullet proves to be Magical!

Last weekend, I had breakfast at The Farm at South Mountain with one of my best friend Erin. Let me rewind, really this all started in Milwaukee. In Milwaukee, the show runs late on several nights. This can make getting dinner tricky. Hundreds of exhibitors all of a sudden flood every restaurant in the near proximity of the show. Everyone is starving. The restaurant isn't used to being jam packed for dinner at 9pm on a Thursday night, so they are almost always under staffed. I chose to go the Miller Time pub in my hotel for several nights in a row. It's close by. It's easy. Yada, yada, yada. Although I'm sure the Miller Time pub is fine for one night, several nights was overkill. Excuses aside, I had far too much fried food. So when I came home, I was really craving fresh food. I filled our fridge with lots of veggies and fruits. Josh & I have a really different take on our food preferences. I'm always trying to figure out how I can get my veggies and fruits into meals that he will like too. Over time, I've come to realize that it isn't so much the fruit or the veggie itself that he doesn't like. In most cases, it is the texture. So as Erin and I ate our very fresh meal at The Farm, we were talking about ways to get more fresh food into our diet. I was complaining about my almost never been used blender. We need a washer to make it work properly and I've been looking for the right washer for a LONG time. Then we started talking about food processors to puree veggies to add to sauce. We decided to check out Target and see what sorts of food processors they had to offer. As we stood in the appliance aisle and tried to compare the $19.99 to the $29.99 to the Kitchenaid, etc - I just felt overwhelmed. Is this what I really want? Do I need a 2 cup, 3 cup or the mega size? Finally we decided that we needed more information to make an informed decision. As we headed out of the aisle, Erin spotted the Magic Bullet. I am so thankful she did. We both bought Magic Bullets and it has been wonderful. I have been making smoothies and low fat frozen yogurt shakes for Josh & I this week. I am very excited about the possibilities of adding squash, zucchini, cauliflower and other fresh veggies to my pastas. Yay! Fresh food....mmmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails