Sunday, November 29, 2009

Post Thanksgiving


We had a successful and happy Thanksgiving weekend. I baked my first pie. It was an apple pie and it looked and tasted wonderful. Josh and I drove down to his parents ranch in Cochise County, Arizona for a wonderful holiday dinner on Thursday. Josh's mom is a great cook. I especially love her turkey stuffing....mmmmm, good! Then, we back tracked to Tucson and stayed at a resort for a few nights. Although we did get ample rest and relaxation, the resort itself didn't turn out to be as nice as we had anticipated. It had paper thin walls. We could hear entire conversations from our neighbors. We were sort of forced to unintentionally eavesdrop. On Saturday, we watched the University of Arizona vs. Arizona State University football game with Josh's family. This is always a nice rival game since half of the family went to ASU and the other half when to UofA. I entertained myself with a crossword puzzle and my Vogue Magazine. I'm just not a sports fan. I can see why people enjoy it and find it entertaining. It just isn't for me. Thankfully, I am rarely short on entertainment. I almost always have a book, magazine, beading project or something up my sleeve to keep myself out of trouble when some sort of sporting event pops up. Today, we did some preliminary decorating. We hung our outdoor lights and stockings. We created our holiday photo cards and submitted our order. I made my list for holiday baked goods and handmade gift items. I only purchase a few gifts each Christmas. I usually try to stick to baking and making my presents. Next weekend, we will get our Christmas tree. Yay!!!! All in all, we really enjoyed Thanksgiving. Josh and I both feel like we have a ton to be thankful for this year. Most of all: each other, our happy-go-lucky dog, our family and our friends. With a roof over our heads, food in our pantry and jobs that we can rely on, we count our blessings...each and every one of them. I hope that your Thanksgiving was as nice as ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails