Monday, May 18, 2009

Good birthday!

Well, I made it to age 30. I decided to spend my actual birthday with the handsome boyfriend, Joshua. We slept in and watched a movie in the morning. I spent part of the afternoon by the pool and part of it eating yummy Mexican food. And then in the evening we went and hit some balls at a batting cage and then played mini golf. I've never been to a batting cage before. I'm a little sore today and I think I actually only hit 3 of 40 pitches, that bat was heavy....I'm just not a "keep your eye on the ball" sort of girl. I'm more of a jewelry making, yoga attending dog lover. But, it was fun to try. Being the world's best boyfriend, he gave me the world's best birthday present. We're going to see "Wicked" at Asu Gammage Theater in Tempe on July 10th. I've wanted to see it since it first came out. I read the book many years before the musical existed. I just can't wait! This gift is truly special because Joshua isn't a "I love musicals" sort of guy. He's more of a baseball watching, book loving gardener. So, it was truly a thoughtful gift that was special for me.

I felt very loved. I got lots of nice messages, flowers, cards etc. Thank you to everyone for all of the love on my birthday. I'm blessed to have so many wonderful people in my live - family, friends and co-workers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails