Sunday, April 19, 2009

Babies, babies and more babies



Yesterday Josh and I were invited to a 1 yr old birthday party AND a baby shower. It must be Spring!

It is hard to believe that Ella is 1 already. I've known her Dad since I was 18 years old, which means 12 years. He and his wife are 2 very special people. They both are social workers (like Josh) and they both work with children and have for many years. Eric has been working at a group home for 13 years. He & Teneil have always been wonderful friends. Baby Ella couldn't choose better parents! As I was watching Ella in all of her birthday glory, I recognized how nice it would be to be only one year old again. It is pretty cut and dry. Either she wants something or she doesn't want something. Period. I want cake. I don't want cake. I want you to pick me up. I don't want you to pick me up. Life just gets so much more complicated when you are an adult.

The baby shower was for a grad schoolmate of Joshua. She looked FANTASTIC. I couldn't believe that she is due on May 15th. She looked like she was maybe 6 months pregnant. She was buzzing around making sure everyone was happy, eating, drinking, etc. It was unbelievable. I can only hope that I can look that good at 8 months pregnant! And there was more food than you can even imagine. Josh and I had to roll ourselves out of there - a piece of cake at each party probably didn't help either. But WHO passes up cake? Not us, apparently.

Today we lounged. We dropped in on Josh's Great Aunt. She recently moved into an assisted living facility. We try to visit just about every other week. She is a spark plug. She is always quick with a joke and a joy to visit.

All in all, I think it was a pretty successful weekend. Next weekend, I'll be touring wine country wtih my best friend. YAY! We purchased tickets to an all day bike tour through 6 wineries. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails