Monday, March 30, 2009

Our weekend


We took the Metro Light Rail for the first time this weekend to go to the Tempe Art Festival. It was really amazing to see Phoenix through the windows of the train. If you had asked me 10 years ago, I'd have never though a metro was possible in this city and I NEEDED one then because I didn't have a car! At any rate, I think that this is a good mode of transit is best for us when going to events: art festivals, parades, baseball games, etc. We aren't near a stop, so we have to drive and park to take the train. It would have been much quicker to just drive directly to Tempe. But it was nice to not have to park and walk a million miles. It was nice to see the city along the way. The Tempe Art Festival was BUSY! It's nice to see so many people out and about spending money on art. Yay!

Otherwise, it was a typical weekend. I got to yoga twice, which hasn't happened in about a million years. We played tennis and walked Honey. I cleaned up our home and read my latest installment of the Sookie Stackhouse series. Very relaxing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails